Two ways to match the perfect color:
1. Best Exterior Paint is available tinted to one of our hundreds of custom colors, or another manufacturer’s color of your choosing. For our custom colors, the Best Exterior Paint uses the Colortrend Nuance Colorant System by Evonik.
For best results, select one of our colors and have a local paint supplier create the color from their Colortrend formulation guide and 99% of the time, our color will be a match to what was produced locally. Please contact us with questions or concerns.
2. For customers who choose to purchase one of Best Exterior Paint’s four bases and have it tinted in their area, we suggest taking the paint to a locally owned paint store or to Sherwin-Williams. These stores have resulted in the best results for previous customers because they specialize in paint and their employees are trained to understand the nuances that go into choosing the best shades.
Sherwin-Williams and local specialty paint stores may charge for the actual tinting process, but customers have reported that this fee is often waived if you purchase the rest of your supplies from the store, such as brushes, drop cloths, rollers, and other tools.
When having your paint tinted, try to avoid the big name stores, like The Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowe’s. Despite the fact that these stores sell paint, they are not paint stores and often refuse to tint products that were not purchased from their own shelves.
- Once you have selected the right shade, ask if it is compatible with your base.
- Purity and tint can affect which bases a shade is compatible with, so if you have any questions about a particular product contact Best Exterior Paint for more information.
- Should the process become overwhelming, simply choose the “Best Exterior Match” product by entering information about the paint’s manufacturer, swatch name, and swatch code. Best Exterior Paint can then identify the proper base for that particular shade.